ARRF Animal Foster Care could not exist without volunteers. As a private, nonprofit organization, we rely on the assistance of caring and hard-working volunteers and are excited that you are interested in becoming a part of that. We look forward to introducing you ARRF Animal Foster Care and to the ways in which you can help.
Volunteers positions available:
- Animal caregiver is on an on-call basis –18 years and over
- Self serve dog wash attendant – 16 years and older
- Help with Sunday events from June through September – 12 years and older - No background check or training necessary
- Submit an application, which includes signing a Volunteer Agreement, Release and Waiver of Liability and a $12 fee for background check
- Attend an orientation/training session
- 6 month minimum commitment
- Be 18 years and older to work with shelter animals
- 12-17 years old – can only volunteer in the dog wash area or for events depending on age
- Treat animals in our care with kindness and concern for their welfare
- Represent themselves and ARRF in a professional manner and treat clients, staff, and other volunteers with respect
Volunteer orientation and training is mandatory before you can volunteer for ARRF. You will receive an email containing information on an upcoming volunteer orientation and training session after you submit your application and are accepted. At orientation, we go over the goals and policies of the organization, as well as explaining volunteer opportunities and training.
There is a nonrefundable registration fee which will guarantee you a spot at volunteer orientation. The reservation fee schedule is as follows and includes a t-shirt:
- Students w/id $25
- Seniors (60+) $25
- All others $30
Below is our volunteer application that you can download, fill out and email to email@example.com. We have a limited need for volunteers.